A Precision Driving School gift certificate makes a great gift for your new driver.
- We will send you a personalized certificate by mail.
- Order online or call us Monday through Saturday.
Driver Training Policies
- Student drivers under eighteen are required to have six hours of behind the wheel driver training.
- We offer four lessons that are each one and a half hour long.
- The four lessons should be spread out over six months with the first lesson taken soon after the permit is received and the final lesson taken shortly before the driving test.
- In addition, student drivers are required to have fifty hours of supervised driving; at least ten hours at night.
- Once a student is enrolled in driver training and successfully passes the written test at the DMV, they will receive their permit.
- During the first driving lesson, the driving instructor will validate the permit. A valid permit allows a student to drive with a licensed California driver, twenty-five or older, who is in a position to give instruction and sitting close enough to take control of the vehicle at any time.
- Student drivers are required to have an original valid permit whenever they drive.
- If the student driver is not prepared at the time of their lesson with a permit, the lesson will be canceled and there will be a $35.00 rescheduling fee.
- As a courtesy, we will phone to confirm all appointments the day before the scheduled lesson. Reminder calls for Monday lessons are made two days in advance.
- At least twenty-four hours notice must be given when canceling an appointment to avoid a $35.00 rescheduling fee.
- There will be a $25.00 charge for any returned check.